Antonio R. Pizarro, MD
Click the play button to watch video profile
- Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Fellowship: Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Arizona. Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2001-2004.
- Internship and Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, 1997-2001.
- Medical Doctor Degree: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, 1997.
- Licensed To Practice Medicine And Surgery: Louisana Board of Medical Examiners, 1998-current.
- Member: Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, NWLA Medical Society
Dr. Pizarro is one of the first specialists in the world to have gained Board Certification in both Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology) and Gynecologic Surgery by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology. He is the only Fellowship-trained Urogynecologist in the Ark-LA-Tex. His practice is dedicated to the care of women--from well woman exams to management of special and complex conditions.
Dr. Pizarro has called Shreveport his home since 1983. He is licensed to practice medicine and surgery in Louisiana and is in good standing. He studied for eight years at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport to complete medical school and residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
For the following three years Dr. Pizarro received Fellowship training in Urogynecology, Robotics and Pelvic Surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. There he gained experience in conservative and surgical management of urinary incontinence, advanced gynecologic laparoscopy and robotics, management of complex gynecologic conditions, and female pelvic reconstruction.
Dr. Pizarro has specialized training and extensive experience in laparoscopic-robotic hysterectomy, endometrial ablation for heavy periods, repair of pelvic relaxation, mesh-free robotic colpopexy, surgical and conservative management for urinary incontinence, and other complex surgical conditions in women's health. Dr. Pizarro is fluent in English and Spanish.
Call for an appointment today. Referrals are not needed and same-day appointments can often be made.